Sticking Cargo Door on 2000 Dodge Ram

Guys, I've searched quite a bit without luck. The bottom latch on my cargo door (2000 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD) is sticking shut. If I push in hard on the bottom and pull the handle it will click and open. However, I've read that many Dodge owners have had this same problem, but it's unclear what the ultimate solution has been. I don't think it's the connecting rods... the handle works, there's just something binding in the bottom latch. A new bottom latch (inside the door; I've already replaced the jam side) is about $90, but before I do that I wanted to see if that has solved the problem for others. Any ideas?

Thanks.

Jack

Reply to
jackvt80