T-shooting cooling problem

Page 2 of 2
wrote:

The suggestions I had for checking operation all passed (this included verifying that the fan "roars" under revving; turning the fan easily w/engine off & cold, & noticing some resistance w/engine warm, off, & battery disconnected). One thing I'm not sure about: is the clutch fan strictly mechanical? Or are there any electrical sensors anywhere in the circuit? I do operate in a very dusty environment; a clogged sensor would be a possibility, were there any sensors.
If not, just how does the clutch fan operate, do you know?

Strictly mechanical

There's a viscous fluid inside the clutch that becomes more viscous (thick) with heat. So, as the fan clutch gets hotter, the clutch grabs more.

Thanks, replaced that (since it's a $6 part).