truck doesn't move in reverse

Last night while driving home I got a metallic buzzing sound and vibration in gear shift lever. Put into neutral and it stopped. Happened several times then no problem. This morning it goes into
reverse but does not move. Forward gears are ok.
snipped-for-privacy@mac.com wrote:

What year and model is it? What transmission does it have?
--
Ken

'03 dakota club 4x4 auto Nosey wrote:

1) Gearshift Linkage/Cable mis-adjusted/damaged 2) Park Sprang Sticking 3) Rear Band mis-adjusted/Worn 4) Valve Body Malfunction 5) Rear Servo malfunction 6) Direct Clutch in Overdrive worn 7) Front clutch burnt

What motor? If it's other than a 4.7L the fault could be in the OD unit.
========On Apr 21, 2:31?pm, snipped-for-privacy@mac.com wrote:

"Forward gears are ok."
Your words.
The most likely cause of the symptom is the low-reverse band isn't holding, if you listed ALL the symptoms and what you stated is factual.
A question....... When, and under what conditions, did you hear the metallic buzzing sound and have the shifter vibration. Feel free to be overly descriptive.
~~ 00 L O
~:~ MarshMonster ~takes a toke......~ ~:~

First off, it is the 6 cyl. eng w/ OD Seco
First off, it is a 6 cyl w/ OD Second, I was on the interstate doing about 70 when I heard this tinny, metalic sound coming fropm what I percieved to be the right side of the engine compartment. I pulled over and gave a look because it sounded like a heat shield or something. I saw nothing loose so I went on my way. It happened againabout ten minutes later, I pulled over, shut down and looked again but saw nothing. No problem for the next hour and a half. Parked int eh city and a couple hours later went back on the interstate. It happened again about three or four times. Puttin in neutral made it stop. Eventually it stopped happening and the next morning, no reverse. Like I said, I feel it shift but no go. I can still drive the truck with no problem (so long as I don't need to back up)
It sounded to me like it was almost in park and still moving.