OT: English 101

Ok group,

If you haven't noticed we are now attending English 101 in here and it is being taught be Steve B, samstone and Beryl. Now please keep in mind while we are in class that the do as I say not as I do rule applies. In other words, it is ok for them to type a "S" where a "D" should be because they are right next to each other on the k/b. It is ok for them to attack people for not providing ALL the information that they feel they need, but can turn around and do that very thing.

So, mind your p's a and q's class is in session.

Reply to
azwiley1

Sumbitch! You did a whole post and didn't misspell anything.

Good Boy!

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Class began last month...

"Could some one please translate this for me?"

-punkin

"Why don't you read the run on sentence from Snotard. No grammar, no punctuation, horrific spelling."

-punkin

"Snotards post, contrary to what you say, did not make complete sense, nor was it as comprehensive as you would like to make everyone believe it to be."

-punkin

"He is a dipshit and will continue to be called to the carpet EVERY TIME he post something stupid."

-punkin

"Even when the answer, once he actually gets to it, may be correct, he has still not learned to use spell check, his posts are still incoherent, and choppy."

-punkin

Your problem was, and continues to be, that there was nothing wrong with the post you criticized. You're just a punk.

Reply to
Beryl

And you will continue to be a dick sucking assclown that works at a rest stop servicing Johns. It's a shame that you can't see the fact that Snoman has posted and will continue to post (though no all the time) information that is wrong and dangerous if followed. You want to preach perfection but you don't provide it, but why should anyone in here be surprised.

Reply to
azwiley1

I suspect you will flame me for being uninformed (whoa to me), but what does " In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni" mean?

I think it has something to do with night time (nocte) and uninformed buyer (consumimur igni). In addition to my other scholastic weaknesses, I never studied Latin.

Reply to
Ed H.

Read it backwards.

Reply to
aarcuda69062

Thanks, I still don't understand. Except maybe for the last word - Ni. Would that be a reference to the "knights who,until recently, said ni?"

BTW, if you haven't seen the Japanese version of "Search for the Holy Grail" on the extended version of the DVD, I highly recommend it.

Reply to
Ed H.

It's a famous palindrome (sentence that reads the same from either end) sometimes called the Devil's Verse.

Rough translation: "We go into the circle by night and we are consumed by fire."

Reply to
Langerhans

Reply to
Ed H.

The translation I have is "We enter the circle after dark, and are consumed by fire." Purportedly about moths drawn to a flame.

Cigar? Toss it in a can, it is so tragic.

Reply to
Beryl

He posts bad info, we hear second opinions, he and the rest of us learn from the experience. That's how it works. You think you're the enforcer here? Punk.

Reply to
Beryl

Condico

Reply to
Ed H.

So what do you call a word that reads the same upside down such as "NOON"?

beekeep

Reply to
beekeep

Those are symmetrical words, and they come in horizontal and vertical flavors.

Horizontally symmetrical words (those that you can swap top and bottom edges) are COOKBOOK, EXCEEDED, BEDECKED, etc.

Vertically symmetrical words (palindromes) include WOW, TIT, OTTO, etc., but palindromes also include phrases and sentences, like "Do geese see God?"

Your example of NOON is a rotationally symmetrical word, which can be swapped in either a horizontal or vertical manner, or both.

You may rightly wonder "Why in Hell does this guy know this stuff?" It was a college teaching tool used in analyzing strings and arrays in learning how to develop programming algorithms.

Reply to
Langerhans

Just to add a bit they're called Ambigrams

samstone