Variable cylinder firing

I just jost my 05 Ram Daytona w/ Hemi. Does it have variable cylinder firing based on performance demand?
This feature was on our old International diesel tractors and worked
great. Then we seen it in our Cadillac cars, which worked fine.
If the demand going down the highway only requires 4 cylinders of spark and fuel, effectively this should reduce fuel consumption.
With 411 miles, and cruise set at 65 mpg on level highway with avg economy is 17.8 mpg. Not too bad for a full size ram 4x4.

Regards the Cadillac, you have to be the only person I've ever heard of to say or write this!!
Roy

My neighbor had this on his Caddy when it was out. I went to the grocery store one day, and there he was, standing next to the car with the hood up and a load of anti-freeze and oil underneath. He asked me to take him home and just left it sitting there, waiting for the dealer to pick it up.
I never saw it again. GM replaced the engine, and he traded it in for a Mercedes that was really a great car about an hour after he picked it up..
I never saw one that didn't have major problems.
It looks like time and technology finally got it right.
BDK
The four cars we had at the time each lasted for over 250k miles with no problems.
the tractors had 5000+ hours on them!