1979 X19 Voltage Regulator

Greetings,
My son has recently aquired a 1979 X19 Bertone. The charging system is not working. We have been trying to fing the voltage regulator, but have not had much luck.
OK! Where did they hide it? I can't believe it could be this difficult to locate!
Thanks Glen Ray
I have an '81 X 1/9. No idea of where the voltage regultor is in your engine, which I believe will be the 1300cc.
In any case, in my 1500cc I have not been able to find the...... oil gauge.

The oil gauge sender has two sensors (1 warning and 1 pressure) which are situated in the engine block, one by the oild filter, and one higher up by the spark plugs

The Voltage regulator is integrated into the alternator on later models, if yours is a 1300 you could try by the spare wheel, or in the fuse box.

Thanks for your response,
I'll look as you've suggested. This car is a late "78" called a "79". I believe it's a 1500. I don't know how much of this car is original. It's hard to believe how well Fiat was able to hide components.
I remember the first time I tried to find the starter on a Spyder.
GR