Voltage regulator

I replaced the voltage regulator on my 1979 4wd after experincing the charge light come on and the battery dead. The old regulator was the
large point type (black box)but the one the parts place sold me is smaller and looks like an electronic version. The battery still is not charging, but the charge indicator is not lighted. Could it be that I have the wrong regulator?
James
JVN Wrote:

Yes, that's very possible. Sometimes getting the correct regulators on older vehicles is difficult.
--
Tercel GTS
| I replaced the voltage regulator on my 1979 4wd after experincing the | charge light come on and the battery dead. The old regulator was the | large point type (black box)but the one the parts place sold me is | smaller and looks like an electronic version. The battery still is not | charging, but the charge indicator is not lighted. Could it be that I | have the wrong regulator? | | James
How did you check the alternator to determine if it is okay?
--
Jarhead

"We have no government armed with power capable of contending with human

was
me
is
Yes, I removed it and carried it to a repair shop and had it tested. It checked outOK.
JVN wrote:

Go back over your connections to ensure they are correct, tight and that you didn't miss one. Also, any plugs are a possible source of problem as they can have bent or dirty connectors. Use a dielectric grease on plug style connectors as well. HTH, davidj92