Air bag light....

Ive got a Fiat Brava, and the airbag light wont go off.... it used to come on when I started the car and go out, but now it stays on, any idea what could be causing it?

Probably a fault with the airbag system? That is what the lights are usually there to indicate :)
Hellraiser...........>

come
Usually - if you're lucky, it's just the connector underneath the seat.
Graham
Can the airbag be sorted at a normal garage?

come

Realistically, it is a coded message for "take me to your dealer".
Don't mess with airbag systems or you'll damage them at best, or at worst, have a really big surprise when you least expect it! (I know a few who have had this type of surprise - they've sworn to learn from it but have never forgotten.....)
Adam H

it something usual on FIAT cars... I've got the same problem on my "barchetta" (see my site in sing - sorry, italian only)
I brought her 3 times to a FIAT dealer and they turned the light off through their electronical devices but... once again it lighted on!!!
some guys refers about poor connectors typology... very cheap (I trust'em!!!)
I've heard about this problem also on new stilo models :-(
try going to your local dealer; if it is just the connector (90%) it will take 5 minutes to plug their computer to the car and check all the status... otherwise could be a real fault of the airbag system :-s
see ya, -- Stuka (25, 130+, MI) /F/I/A/T/ barchetta Momo+OMP BMC+SuperSprint bCI member: #359 http://digilander.libero.it/Stuka78/index.html
How much did they charge?

come
through
status...

? 0,00
:-)
stuka
I used to work in a fiat dealership and when my air bag light came on I thought it was the connector under the seat but when I took it in it was the connector behind the glove box, I put too much in there and it dislodged the connector - they unplugged it and cleaned the terminals and all is ok now.

If it is not a loose connection it may be the airbag ECU. Since it is a Brava I suspect the latter. ECUs are 220 + vat approx + labour. Not cheap. HTH Iain.