Airbag question

I have a spare fiat stilo seat, my son want's it in his room as a seat. & I was planning to mount it on a wooden frame for stability.
There is an airbag in the side of the seat. I've cut the wiring back
however is the airbag dangerous at all in this state? Could it be triggered at all accidentally?
Mike

1) Exploding bag hitting external objects and launching them as projectiles 2) Idle hands attempting to disect the inner working of an airbag. This could prove to be extremely dangerous and potentialy fatal. 3) Damaged hearing
You can cut the wires back, short them out, hide them etc. etc. but the only true safe option is to:
Have Fiat or another insured party to remove the airbag and return to Fiat/other for safe disposal.
Anything else you do at your own risk. Sorry to sound/be a damp squid but once you have interfered with in any way with an airbag, or seat with an airbag, then you will have nullified any protection/insurance claims against the manufacturer.
Also the seat may be fitted with seatbelt pretensioners. These are also, in most cases, explosive devices!
Nick /////
Nick ///// wrote:

Cheers
I'll remove the bag to be on the safe side, the seat cover seems simple enough to remove.
There's no pretensioner on the seatbelt, I've removed the mount already.
Mike

I was going to add when I posted that most Fiat seat covers are fairly easy to remove.
I'm not saying this but I've watched Fiat technicians detonate air bags under controlled/safe circumstances. From an academic / interest point of view it is quite educational, although short lived, to see and hear what happens when an air bag goes off.
Now if I had an air bag surpless to requirements then ........a remote garden location/shed........away from young eyes...........I'll leave you to guess the wrest.
November 5th provides a good cover story :-)
Nick ///// wrote:

I was thinking much the same, I have a 10m long length of cable and a 12v supply should they be req. Xmas eve seems a good time.
Mike