Fiat Stilo JTD Dynamic Wiring diagram

Fiat Stilo JTD Dynamic Diesel

I intend to fit a towing bar to my Stilo,

Can anyone supply a wiring diagram & detail for both caravan sockets and the turn indicator relay?

Thank you Mike S.

Reply to
Mike Steward

There are two ways to tackle this.

1) Hook into the manufacturer's official "access points". These normally only cater for car light repeating and NOT additional electrics 2) Use 7 way bypass relay with additional electrics

Method 2) is what 99.9% of tow bar fitters in the UK will use.

I've used both methods. 1) with a Tempra 1.8ie where I only needed lighting control (sidelights, brake, indicators, fog & reverse) Method 2) on a Tipo, Stilo and Croma (2005)

Method two requires

1) One, preferably two, power feeds directly from battery and each fused (single 30Amp or twin 15A) If using single 30A feed then this has to be split into two separate fused 15A supplies in the rear end of the car.

2) 7 way bypass relay unit fed from single fuse 15A supply

3) Voltage sensitive power relay fed from single 15A supply

4) Item two is fairly easy to wire and requires one to spur off the existing car wiring. The bypass relays only take a few milliamps from the cars circuits and are thus compatible with the onboard bulb failure systems.

5) The auxiliary electrics are also easy to wire.

One point to note is DO NOT overload the existing car wiring. You MUST use relay switch circuits fed DIRECTLY from the battery. This requires a single/twin power feed directly from the battery to the rear of the car. This is a MUST!

I can look up the wiring colours for your car but would also suggest that you can trace these by inspection and use of a simple volt meter. You are looking to identify:

1) brake light wire 2) side light wire 3) reversing light wire 4) rear fog light wire 5) left rear indicator 6) rigt rear indicator

The rest is a matter of common sense :-)

Nick

Reply to
Nick /////