Brava: Fuel Injector Light

Hello
My injector warning light is coming on when I go faster that 30 mph. The engine is also running rough.
Should I be braced for a huge repair bill?
TIA Steve

Hopefully only an injector or two - might just need ultrasonic cleaning. How big the bill is, depends on where you take it !
Graham

If it is just the injectors that need cleaning why not try one of those petrol additives; not too expensive and worth a try first.
Andy

I used Advance Petrol so unlikely to help - it's in the garage...where the mechanic said that "everything in a Fiat is difficult to get to..."

Yep. On my previous Fiat (Bravo TD100) the glow plugs needed changing, something I would attempt myself if it asn't for all the other dismantling en route. Maybe that car engines are now designed to be home mechaninc unfriendly or maybe I am just cynical.
Andy

Once worked with a draughtsman who drew everything 2X, 4X or 10X. When made there wasn't room to get at anything. Mfrs have an incentive to make jobs take longer, their franchised dealers don't make much profit on selling cars, so they load the mark up on parts and service. If they can charge you for two hours instead of one, then it's more profitable to them.

Or maybe they just want the cars smaller to sell better?
--
FOURTEEN - CHECK OUT THE BABY! parrots and rising http://www.petersparrots.com
93 silly video clips http://www.insanevideoclips.com

Too bloody right! I'm trying to change a Tipo rdiator (without a Haynes manual as there isn't one :-/)
--
FOURTEEN - CHECK OUT THE BABY! parrots and rising http://www.petersparrots.com
93 silly video clips http://www.insanevideoclips.com
Just as a follow up one injector needed to be replaced.
The cost was 250 (110 parts, 80 labour 25 for computers diagnostics and the rest VAT).
All the best
Steve

Of course my mother would tell me I shouldn't be driving that fast! She curses if I exceed HALF the limit.