Fiat Bravo 105 JTD alternator problems

I have a question, that may be important to you.

My Bravo is 3 year-old and so far I had already to replace the Alternator

2 times. This is not normal. I think this maybe a construction problem.

Two months after I had the third alternator assembled, to help even more, the Alternator Belt has broken and got into the timming Belt. I now need a "new" engine.

Have you faced any simillar problems?

Can this really be a construction problem.

Reply to
Sabas

I have Punto TD and I have had the same problem. My Punto is 6 years old and I have changed alternator 3 times. My car electrican has said, that it was normal in Fiat. Sometimes, usually at Winter, alternator can be damaged by low temperature... I mean about -10C. And each Fiat's service knows, what to repair and how. Buy here in Poland it costs about 300 Euros (you can by "new" alternator for about 150 Euros). I have never had so expensive car!!!

Yes, it can... I can tell you some stories about the diesel engine, alternator, oh really a lot of! I will never buy a Fiat again!!!

Jacek

Reply to
Jacek Bogusz