Fiat bravo headgasket

was driving my bravo when the engine started misfiring and the fuel injectio light came on , I took the car to a garage to be fixed and i was told that there was low compression on one cylinder and this was
causing the mis-fire , the garage said i needed a new headgasket , this was done but the fault remained,the mechanic said the head gasket taken off didnt appear damaged,the fuel injector was changed and the fault was cured . my question is can a faulty/damaged injector cause low compression and should this have been changed before the headgasket.