Fiat Marea Weekender ( Bravo)

This is doing my head in. Starter Motor problems. Sometimes my car wont start - you can hear the starter motor turning but the bendix is not engaging. I've tried changing it with one from a scrap yard that tested ok, but still the same problem. Anyone got an electrical drawing for the above. ( I put Bravo in because I was told that the drawings are the same ) Help advice ???? Please Please - - - -

Reply to
Shrap

Teeth worn off the ring gear on the flywheel?

Reply to
John Moppett

no, its fine...aslong as the engine turns it starts but theres no gaps in flywheel and it won't turn...thanks though...

Reply to
Shrap

Reply to
Roger Brown

That happened on an old Uno I once owned, but I think it was the teeth on the starter motor cog that were stripped.

Are you SURE you hear the motor turning?

Reply to
The Enforcer