Fiat in the driver's seat

MarketWatch

The future of Chrysler LLC seems irretrievably tied to an Italian company boasting its own turnaround success after flirting with disaster earlier in the decade.

Fiat has been reborn with a knack for producing cool, small cars; its desire to return to the U.S. market after a 20- year break marks the best, perhaps only, hope for Chrysler...

Documents released by the Obama administration show that Chrysler can't survive without merging with Fiat SpA. The U.S. government also has no plans to provide any additional funding to Chrysler unless it links with Fiat...

Continued:

aaf

Fiat must be nuts...;-)

DAS

Dori A Schmetterling

"Dori A Schmetterling" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@pipex.net...

If they can pull off the same trick as they did with GM I think they're brilliant. :-p

Reply to
E-Cie

You mean "Fix It Again Tony" is now a viable company??

Reply to
Pete E. Kruzer

Actually from what I've heard... yes. So is Renault, against all odds. Thus proving it is possible to come back from the abyss...

Reply to
Steve

"Pete E. Kruzer" schreef in bericht news: snipped-for-privacy@o6g2000yql.googlegroups.com...

Yes! For a looooong time already. And I should know: I'm driving Fiat cars for more than 30 years now. No "Fix it Again Tony" for me. I do like the saying, though! ;-) Ciao, E-Cie.

Reply to
E-Cie