Fiat in the driver's seat

MarketWatch
The future of Chrysler LLC seems irretrievably tied to an Italian company boasting its own turnaround success after flirting with disaster earlier in the decade.
Fiat has been reborn with a knack for producing cool, small cars; its desire to return to the U.S. market after a 20- year break marks the best, perhaps only, hope for Chrysler...
Documents released by the Obama administration show that Chrysler can't survive without merging with Fiat SpA. The U.S. government also has no plans to provide any additional funding to Chrysler unless it links with Fiat...
Continued: http://tinyurl.com/ChryslerFiat
Fiat must be nuts...;-)
DAS
"aaf" < snipped-for-privacy@reece.net.au> wrote in message
news: snipped-for-privacy@reece.net.au...

brilliant. :-p
You mean "Fix It Again Tony" is now a viable company??
Pete E. Kruzer wrote:

Actually from what I've heard... yes. So is Renault, against all odds. Thus proving it is possible to come back from the abyss...

for more than 30 years now. No "Fix it Again Tony" for me. I do like the saying, though! ;-) Ciao, E-Cie.