Austin Metro driver's seat.

I intend to replace the driver's seat in my Metro. It no longer locks in position and has a nasty habit of sliding forward if you brake hard. I think this may be an MOT failure. Does anybody know for sure whether seats from an early Austin Mini-Metro or later Rover Metro or Rover 100 will also fit in my 1989 Austin Metro? Are there any other cars which have compatible seats?

Thanks, David.

Reply to
David Linley

The message from "David Linley" contains these words:

They're the same floorpan so there's no reason why the shouldn't.

The ratchet mechanism that stops 'em sliding forward isn't complicated, it may be easier to take the seat out and investigate. My money's on dirt under the pawl stopping it sitting far enough down into the toothed rack.

Reply to
Guy King

Excellent. I know last time I went looking for parts there were far more of the late models at the scrapyard than the older ones.

I'm not exactly sure what's happened, because I haven't taken the old one out yet, but it looks like there are two bolts which have sheared when the seat was forced forward by a passenger who was rather eager to get out...

Reply to
David Linley

Is your driving _that bad? ;-)

Reply to
Chris Bolus

The message from "David Linley" contains these words:

Perhaps you should just give them valium before you drive 'em anywhere!

Reply to
Guy King

The message from "Malc" contains these words:

I had a learner who decided that going up a steep hill was a good time to adjust the seat. Before I could stop her she'd pulled the release and shot back way out of reach of the pedals. Very embarrasing.

Reply to
Guy King