Fiat Punto 1.2 16v MK2

Hi folks,
Just purchased this little bombay bad boy last Wednesday. Having had a good neb around the car i was delighted to find a subwoofer in my boot. Good for
Cypress Hill etc etc.
Anyways my question and hopefully someone can shed some light on this, is just below the fiat badge as the rear i have a little logo with "NCM" on it. Hvaing done a search on Mr Google the only thing i could find was a French Website (http://www.ncm.lu ). Having translated this thru Google i found out that its a tuning company based, at least i think its based only in France.
Now this worries me. Has my car been modded as such like with a chip? If so my insurance might be void!
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks
John
Might be a silly question but why not contact the previous owner?

good
for
it.
out