Problems with Tempa 1.6 SX window

Hello,

my Tempra 1.6 SX, dated 1992, has a problem with the front right "power window" (I don't know if it is the proper English name, I mean that the window is electrically operated).

If I try to have it go up or down, it will stop after moving a few centimeters, then I have to wait for some time, and after that I can have it move some more centimeters and so on... Very annoying :-(

Do you know where the problem can be? I hope my English is understandable!

Thanks!

Reply to
Daniele Gratteri

Your English is fine.

Sounds like either the mechanism inside the door is sticking, or the window is sticking in the felt runners.

What you need is a silicon based lubricant spray - usually spraying this on the runners will free up a sticky window - if not, then you'll have to remove the trim on the door and look at the mechanism. Mostly it's just something run dry of grease and needs re-greasing (I use the Castrol Moly grease for that kind of thing).

Reply to
SteveH

SteveH ha scritto:

Can't it be an electric-related problem?

I forgot to explain that for the window to continue moving, I have to release the button and only then, after some time, if I activate it there will be some movement. If I keep the button depressed it won't move after it stops.

Also, when the window moves it is quite smooth so I don't think it is sticking somewhere.

Thank you!

Reply to
Daniele Gratteri

Yes, definitely sounds like a sticky mechanism / sticky runners. (I had the same problem with my Marea, which probably had a similar design).

I'm not sure if the motor has an over-ride to stop it burning out if the mechanism is sticky, or if it's taking the tension out of the set up that allows you to wind it up further.

I'm definitely going with this rather than electrical problems.

Reply to
SteveH

I agree.

The w>

Reply to
Nick /////

Nick ///// ha scritto:

Thanks to both of you, will check the mechanism.

Daniele

Reply to
Daniele Gratteri