Stilo Heater panel light

Hi there, I have a Stilo Active 1.6 and one of the lights on the heater control panel has stopped working. I asked my local dealer to have a look at the last service but they informed me that they don't know if it is a blown bulb or if the light is integral to the heater panel requiring the whole panel to be replaced. Apparently the spares information doesn't list bulbs as a separate item.

Rather than have them remove and replace the panel (at vast expense), does anyone out there know if the lights behind the heater control panel are bulbs or are part of the panel?

Thanks

Paul E

Reply to
Paul Everest

This is a fairly common type of system on Fiats, and probably other makes as well.

The parts CD will never show much detail in this area (I've just looked)

The wiring diagrams often give the clues, but parts people don't look at these. Also locating the light emitting devices can be a real problem.

I would spend some time investigating myself, especially if you intend to keep the car for a while, as every problem investigated, even if you don't personally solve it just adds to your knowledge of the car. The next problem you encounter may well benfit form your previous experiences/investigations.

Nick /////

Reply to
Nick Bailey /////