Stilo

Is it possible to stop the radio coming on when you turn on the ignition - even when the time before you have turned it off - the car is a stilo active

2003 - 1.2 petrol - its a radio cassette.

Martin

Reply to
Marty1a

I would love to hear a positive answer to this. It's the same with my CD equipped Stilo. Two things are annoying with this radio. Firstly what you write about, that it turns on when you turn on the ignition, no matter if you had it on or off when you last turned off the ignition.

The other thing is if you park and want to sit in the car and listen to the radio for a while. The Stilo works in the most annoying fashion when it comes to this. Compare to a couple of other cars:

Stilo: When you turn off the engine, the radio turns off as well and you have to turn it on manually.

Skoda Fabia: When you turn off the engine the radio stays on until you pull out the ignition key. Good solution.

Renault Mégane: When you turn off the engine the radio stays on. It even stays on when you pull out the ignition cardkey. It turns off once you open the door. Brilliant solution. (Hmm... I wonder how it works if you want to open the door and continue listening to the music. I guess that would work as long as you keep the cardkey inserted.)

Reply to
Dan

I no its a pain in the ass - the dealer said it "could" be done but couldnt say how lol some dealer!

Martin

Reply to
Marty1a

I replaced my factory fitted one with a sony, it switches on and off independantly of the ignition.

Mike

Reply to
Mike

If you press the "Menu" button, there is an option in there to switch the auto radio on and off. I can't remember the exact setting, but it is in there.

Have a read of the manual... I know I know.. it's hard to admit defeat for all of us, but sometimes it's the only way!! :D

Andy

Reply to
SmeeP

Ok, ok, very unmanly, but I finally admitted defeat and read the manual. Here's how you do it:

  1. Press "Menu" for over 2 seconds to get to the second level of settings.
  2. Briefly press "Menu" 4 times to get to item 5; AUTO.
  3. Press the "" to switch the setting.

With this function on the radio powers on and off with the ignition. With the function off, the radio stays on when turning off the ignition. However, the manual doesn't say anything about if the radio turns off when the key is pulled out, the door opens or maybe after 20 minutes. Perhaps it stays on until the battery goes flat...

I'll try the settings tomorrow. Now, let's see what other settings I have missed by not reading the manual after over a year and 35,000 km with the car...

Reply to
Dan

Thanks Dan - now i wont get blasted out of the car each morning lol

Thanks Again Martin

Reply to
Marty1a

À propos blasted, there is another setting, called something like "max volume when turning on". Could be good to set as well since your hearing is often more acute in the morning when you enter the car than after an hour's drive. :-)
Reply to
Dan

And now I've tried it. In the off setting the radio stays on. I could turn off the ignition, open the door, close the door and even lock it, the radio was still on. I didn't wait for 20 minutes to see if it would turn off automatically...

This means that the programming in the Stilo is quite primitive compared to the Mégane (turns off when you open the door), and even to the Skoda Fabia (turns off when you pull out the ignition key). Bummer.

-- snipped-for-privacy@dod.no - Fiat Stilo 1.6 3P -02

Reply to
Dan