troubles with cd changer on fiat stilo

hi there. I have a problem with the cd changer on my fiat stilo: when I change the mode in CDC (SRC key), the display says CHECK DISK and CD PAUSE, numbers on cd changer blink in orange and green and it' s impossible to listen or just extract cds. Until a few time ago this happened sometimes, and just for a little time (after some hours it usually worked again), but now it happens always: I don' t listen or extract a cd since about one month... someone has an idea about the reason of the problem and can give me a tip? Thanks to all! (Sorry for my english, I am italian :D)

Mirko

Reply to
Mirko

Mirko, I have had all the same problems. FIAT say they will not fix it because the warranty on accessories such as this one expires after one year. Have you tried to leave it out of the car fore many hours to discharge the 'memory'.

I would be interested in your investigation.

I have dismantled my Changer and no joy, I spoke to Blaupunkt (they made it) and no joy. In the end, I bought a cheap mp3/cd/radio cassette from blaupunkt for 99 euros

Reply to
TC