1969 Firebird question

I am going to have my brake booster re-cadmium plated, what other parts are cadmium plated? My car is a convertible that had been sitting for 15 years and everything has surface rust.
Thanks, Neil
Also, I have a strange question. Anyone here by a red 1969 firebird convertible with a black top in Laurel Maryland around 1987-88 with a spray painted 400 hood? I was my car that my parents sold while I was in college.
snipped-for-privacy@capecomputing.com wrote:

    The lid to the brake master cylinder I beleave should be cadmium plated, as well as the hood henges. Althought I could be misten on both counts. Charles
snipped-for-privacy@capecomputing.com says...

The brake booster is NOT cadmium plated. If you tell the plater to make it gold cad you are going to be VERY disappointed. Gold cad is this nasty greenish mold looking color. I have no idea why Eastwood Company calls their cheapo brake booster reconditioning paint "Golden Cad".
The correct plating is Zinc Di-Chromate. Gold Zinc for short. Other items that were gold zinc where the washers for the upper A-arms and the top cover of the master cylinder. There aren't too many things that where gold zinc.
The standard silver plating on brackets, nuts, clips, alternator fans and pulleys, etc ... is plain old zinc, sometimes also called silver zinc or clear zinc.
The black color on body bolts and clips is black phosphate.
Been there, done that.
Dennis Smith
I am thinking of using http://www.brakeboosters.com , anyone have experience with them?
Thanks, Neil
snipped-for-privacy@capecomputing.com says...

You can if you have lots of money to burn. Check your local yellow pages for metal plating services. Most have a $25 or $50 minimum charge.
It cost me $25 to have my original booster replated and about $15 for new internals.
Dennis Smith
Anyone know a place in Maryland, I live about 15 minutes from Baltimore.
Thanks, Neil
On Fri, 1 Apr 2005 06:12:11 +0000 (UTC), snipped-for-privacy@ReMoVyahoo.com (Dennis Smith) wrote:

Dennis,
My 69 bird booster still works, but since I want to replate it, I am considering getting "new internals" as well. Now I'm not at the car now, and I must admit I didn't take a close look at the booster, but......
How do you take the booster apart? Are there screws/bolts to separate the halves, or is it sealed some way?
BTW, I am also considering http://www.brakeboosters.com as well. It appears Steve does a good job, but would appreciate any comments pro/con regarding his work.
Greggg