Power Brake Booster

Can anyone tell me if a power brake booster for 1990 5.0 Mustang will work on a 1969 Mustang 351W with disc brakes?? Thanks

Reply to
Darryl Bannister

It's not a direct bolt in, if that's what you mean. But I'm sure that with a little ingenuity and a welder you could make it fit. Be sure and match the MC to the type of brakes; 4 wheel discs vs. 2 wheel discs.

Reply to
boB

Is there any way to tell if a master cylinder is for 4 wheel discs vs.

2 wheel disc? I've got a 69 Mustang with Versaille 11" rear discs and Granada 11" front discs. I'm going to use a power booster (probably 69 Mustang)and need to make sure the master cylinder can handle the demand....Any ideas? Thanks...
Reply to
Darryl Bannister

You have to check the part number against the application. Some of the late model Cobra's had 4 wheel discs. I'm not really up on the late model Mustangs, so check the book. If you can't find what you need, contact SSB. There's another company I've heard about that makes a bolt in MC/Booster for the '69. It think it's Trans Am Racing? Mustangs and Ford magazine did a write up on it a while back.

Reply to
boB