1969 Cougar Brake question

Does anyone know where I can locate a proportioning valve for a 1969 Cougar? The car has power brakes with disc brakes up front. I have seen some aftermarket proportioning valves that sell for around $70; has anyone heard anything about these?

Many thanks in advance,

Mark

Reply to
Mark Savoy

Might be the same one used for a mustang of similar vintage

Reply to
Steve Stone

I'm using one of them with my 65 Mustang. There are basically two types... adjustable and non-adjustable. Make sure you get the adjustable, unless you are going concours, then you must use the non-adjustable which goes inline about half way between the reservoir and the differential. You also must make absolutely sure which way you install it. As I recall, it is the same part number for both Mustang and Cougar. I believe you'll find it listed in a Cougar parts vendor catalog.

Reply to
veegerNO SPAM

do you need a proportioning valve (reduce fluid flow to rear wheels) or the distribution block (has lines from master cyuclinder in and all other lines out)?

Reply to
walt peifer

Walt,

I need the distribution block; until recently I thought it was the two were one in the same. I ordered a distribution block but when it came in, it only had 5 tubing inlets. The old one has 7. I'm now thinking that cars with disc brakes use if different distribution block. Do you if this is the case and where I might be able to locate one.

Thanks,

Reply to
Mark Savoy

Reply to