'79 T/A intake manifold mods

I want to block off the exhaust crossover runner that runs under the base of the carb on the stock cast iron intake manifold on my 403 Olds. Other than buying new intake manifold gaskets for manifolds without the
crossover, is there an effective means of closing the runner off completely?? Any suggestions would be appreciated. ~dana
On Tue, 06 Jun 2006 09:21:31 GMT, "Dana George"

I would say not.

IIRC the gasget sets i used on small block Chevies had a little piece of tin plate that clipped in place over the gasket. They had a small hole in the about 10 - 12 mm dia so some heat could transfer to the carb base and you could block off either or both ports.
I think a new set of gasgets would probably be in order anyway although you could try and reuse them & silicone a piece of tin over the ports to hold it in place. That won't cost you anything but a bit of time.
HTH
--
Mitch - 1995 Z28 LT1 M6
terminal snipped-for-privacy@sand-hill.freeserve.co.uk