W123/M110 : intake manifold gasket leak

Hi,

The intake manifold gasket is leaking at a couple of the cylinders. Idle is terrible, especially when the engine is hot. Spraying the intake manifold with starter gas, revs up the engine. I have changed all injector o-rings, so they cannot be the cause of the problem.

Anybody with a brief how-to change the gasket and what maintenance should be done at the same time ? I'm thinking of engine mounts and if i will have to change any other gaskets along the way ? I have to use a DYI-shop and want to have the needed spare-parts by hand (apart from the new intake gasket and refrigerant, that is).

My impression is, that the gasket is pretty difficult to remove, without having the car on a lift - not much place to reach in, from above ?

The car is a 280CE '84.

/Jesper

Reply to
Jesper Bach