Firebird fixed headlights?

Where can I get fixed headlights to replace my flip up lights on my 2000 Trans Am. Thanks .

Reply to
Roy McCoy

=_NextPart_000_000F_01C4904E.1C2126C0

Reply to
RSCamaro

No offence, but why in the hell would you want to do that? The flip-up lights are part of the Firebird's character. You aren't one of those kinf of guys who has ricer tendencies and doesn't know when to stop are you? What's next, a big fat firebird decal on the roof? Go buy a honda.

Reply to
spanky

why does it seem like a lot of people in this news group only wants to put somebody down. there's no point in being and ass and telling him to "go buy a honda". these newsgroups are supposed to help people out not put them down. show some respect man.

to help out on the fixed headlights deal, i've seen an arcticle about it in either high performance pontiac or in gm hightech performance. you can do a search for it under their website. but if i remember correctly, it was a very expensive kit at around $700 or maybe even higher. i just remeber telling myself that it was outrageous. hope this helps out.

jack

00 v6 firebird

Reply to
Jack Conley

I do have to agree with spanky "why in the hell would you want to do that? The flip-up lights are part of the Firebird's character."

That was the main reason I bought a Firebird!!! Want fixed headlights.... get a Camaro!

Reply to
William Allen Morgan

I agree that the pop ups are part of what makes a Firebird a Firebird.

But, what the hell. Have you thought about running the lights up and pulling the plug on the motors?

Marshall G. Ward, III

1996 T/A, WS6, 6-Speed, Med Dk Green, Hardtop, T43 Spoiler, 10 Spk CD, Pwr Ant, Graphite cloth, Pwr seat, Keyless entry w/alarm, Leather Appointments Group MODS: !CAGS, K&N, Synthetic Engine/Trans/Diff fluid, Magna Flow Muffler Hotchkis 2 pt STB and SFC's, B&M Ripper shifter License Frame:"One of 2051/1996 Ram Air Trans Am" License Plate: "RAIR TA"

William Allen Morgan wrote: : I do have to agree with spanky "why in the hell would you want to do that? : The flip-up lights are part of the Firebird's character."

: That was the main reason I bought a Firebird!!! : Want fixed headlights.... get a Camaro!

:> to help out on the fixed headlights deal, i've seen an arcticle about it :> in either high performance pontiac or in gm hightech performance. you can :> do a search for it under their website. but if i remember correctly, it :> was a very expensive kit at around $700 or maybe even higher. i just :> remeber telling myself that it was outrageous. :> hope this helps out. :>

:> jack :> 00 v6 firebird :>

:>

:>>> Where can I get fixed headlights to replace my flip up lights on my 2000 :>>> Trans Am. Thanks . :>>

:>> No offence, but why in the hell would you want to do that? The flip-up :>> lights are part of the Firebird's character. You aren't one of those :>> kinf of guys who has ricer tendencies and doesn't know when to stop are :>> you? What's next, a big fat firebird decal on the roof? Go buy a honda. :>>

:>

:>

Marshall Ward

First of all it depends what kind of a problem your headlights are having. I have a problem with my headlight on my firebird too. When I put them down, the headlights make a very loud sound that lasts for about 5 seconds. I took mine too a body repair shop and they told me that they could order a $175 adapter to make the gears stop turning. They highly advised me to not drive it in rain or when it's dark out (or just don't use the headlights at all until you get them fixed). If the gears are grinded down, it can be about $275 per headlight motor. Hope this helps you!

Reply to
silver95v6

This might help even more, if it were actually the reason he wanted to pursue fixed headlights:

Weland

I've had the same problem.... and I have fixed my pop-up headlights with the gears from the link from the previous post.

They really work!!!!.... well... that is if you are mechanically inclined enough to do it. And these gears are made out of brass... not plastic.... will probably not ever need to be replaced again.... Why in the hell didn't GM do that????

Reply to
William Allen Morgan