installation of heater core

Looks like I'm going to have to replace the heater core in my '68 Camaro. I did this job once back in the 1980s, but I can't remember, is it just a matter
of removing the hoses, then removing the housing bolts all the way around, to get to the core? Any trick involved? I'm not looking forward to doing this but since I live in Wisconsin I really need some form of heat!
Terry
says...

Yeah, it basically involves removing the bolts around the fan housing in the engine compartment but also requires removing the inner or complete passenger side fender, defrost and AC ducts, heater control cables, and a few other things. The heater box is removed out from under the dash inside the car.
Where in Wisconsin are you? I can come help if you're around Madison. I've done 3-4 heater core jobs so far.
Dennis Smith

I had a feeling there'd be some extensive dissassembly/reassembly involved in that heater core installation. I'd really like to take you up on your offer, but I live in NW WI near the twin cities....I am from Madison, and come down from time to time, but I never make the trip in the Camaro! I'd like to find some people around here who like working on old cars...I joined the Northstar Camaro Club in the twin cites, but it's not exactly close to where I live-
Thanks for the input,
Terry
DS,
Yeah Smith can come over & help = Smith standing around with hands in pockets while the other guy does the work. LOL !
========Harryface ======== 1991 Pontiac Bonneville LE 3800 V6 ( C ), Black/Slate Grey _~_~_~300,079 miles_~_~_

Hell, any help is better than no help~~
Terry