Is there any way to identify a hurst shifter out of a 4th gen?

I think that I bought a Hurst shifter off of ebay, the seller said it was a hurst but it has no markings on it, is there any way to measure or find casting marks to identify whether this is actually a Hurst shifter and not
just a standard shifter? Any help would be appreciated...

You didn't give enough information. What does it look like, what transmission did you buy it for?
Sorry, for the lack of info, this is a T56 manual tranny for a 99 camaro ss, it had the stock shifter and I purchased a used shifter off of ebay tha is supposed to be the Hurst Shifter option from a 2000 T/A, The Hurst optional shifter is supposed to have a shorter throw than the stock shifter.
Just curious if there is anything that would allow me to indentify this shifter as actually the hurst shifter since it is not marked that I have found, I am trying to make sure that it is not just another stock shifter being masqueraded as a hurst shifter... thanks for the reply..

A couple of things come to mind. 1. I would think that somewhere on the body there will be the word Hurst.
2. It should be made out of aluminum and have stops built into the side to keep the shifter arm from goint too far.
3. Look on web pages such as Summit and Jegs to make comparisons between the two.
I have no personnal knowledge of the billet shifters other than the one I put into my Bird which was made by Proform. Good luck.
RSCamaro wrote:

Another big give away of the 2000 T/A Hurst sifter is the BIG FRIGGIN "H" ON TOP OF THE KNOB.
This is ebay, he sold the knob in another auction i would guess, the one I bought didnt't come with it...also the knob fits both...
Well, mine is black, and short and other than the giant H on the shifter handle and my window sticker that says it was an option.....I dunno....never pulled the console apart either. Contact Hurst. I know they have a rebuild service for thier very old stuff. (ala old A-body cars)
Hurst Shifter Rebuild Service 550 Mallory Way Carson City, NV 89701-5374 216/688-8300, ext. 5 (tech) www.mrgasket.com/hurstmain.html
TOM wrote:

one I

Jimmy wrote:

I haven't had a reason to pull the shroud off mine either, so I cannot tell you any identifying marks on the base. =(
I've thought about putting in a shorter throw though, so maybe in the near future, but right now I just don't have time to muck around with my car. Sorry.
Hi GLK9MM,
Wednesday May 18 2005, GLK9MM writes to RSCamaro:
> Another big give away of the 2000 T/A Hurst sifter is the > BIG FRIGGIN "H" ON TOP OF THE KNOB.
Good info!
Kevin snipped-for-privacy@shaw.ca

I've only got the stock shifter :- 3-2 upshifts on the bypass makes everyone nervous :->
Seriously though, is there anything better if the Hurst isn't any good ?
--
Mitch - 1995 Z28 LT1 M6
terminal snipped-for-privacy@sand-hill.freeserve.co.uk
Terminal Crazy wrote:

Pro 5.0 or the B&M seems what everyone else has. Of course no one I know has one that I can try... so I'm stuck with mail order... and I'm seriously contemplating doing it when I do the clutch in a few weeks. (you gotta take the shifter off anyway...)
Ray
snipped-for-privacy@domain.invalid wrote:

I've installed a Pro 5.0 on a buddy's car and i've been impressed with it.
--
Martin
'01 Formula - MTI Air Box Lid, K&N Filter, Hurst-6,