Re: 1998 Chevy Camaro z-28

snipped-for-privacy@aol.com (BeverlyOmasta) wrote in message

I've driven a few LS-1 Camaros. They are very strong running cars! Mechanically, from what I've heard, they're pretty sound. The LS1 is a sweet motor and both the automatic, and especially the 6-speed, are very stout. Driveline wise, the rear axle is its only weak link.
I'd suggest he take it for a long test drive(s). Because as much as I like the LS1 motor, and I like it a lot, I could never get comfortable with the interior of the Camaros. The long-slung seating and steeply raked windshield really turned me off. But everyone is different. It may appeal to him and if it does he'll be in heaven.
Note: I've cross-posted this over to the Cambird newsgroup. Those guys will be able to give you more specifics and pros/cons.
Cambird guys, please snip off RAMFM from your replys so we don't get another "GM working on a Mustang Competitor" disaster. Seems the cross-posted stuff stays civil for about a dozens posts then degrades (grenades?) into a war. And you'd think pony car guys could get along...
Patrick '93 Cobra '83 LTD