Re: Firebird coming back?

The fact that a car salesman said it makes it a near-certainty that it's not true. It's the converse of the old joke, "If the CIA denies it, it must be true."
There was a time, not long ago, when someone came in here and was asking about the demise of the F Body...a salesman had told him that the line was dying off...and of course, since a salesman told him that, it was a lie.. Look what happened...
I might add, that those that work in dealerships, even in sales, do know a bit more than the average person, WHEN THE INFORMATION IS CORRECT, its correct. We, on the other hand, dont know...and no one I know in the biz is talking.

Agreement was made with CAW Canadian auto workers that the Camaro and Firebird name would NEVER come back!
Could you point us to a Web site or resource confirming that statement?

Why in the world would GM ever agree to that.... doesn't even make since..... who knows..... but it seems like I heard that the next generation of Firebird was going to be base upon a modifed Cadillac CTS platform.

Not to Canada, but you better keep your eye on Bowling Green...
Now...can you show proof of your statement, or is it bullshit?

.... Does this mean that the Firebird was a victiam of the CAW along with poor sales numbers???

No. The main cause was low sales, due to low marketing (IMHO) and high insurance premiums. But personally, I think if it does come back, GM is better suited building an American Icon in the US.
-- 98 Camaro