Re: Replacing Starter

My starter broke the other day. Has anyone replaced there starter before?

> It looks as though im going to have to remove the exhaust. Or is there a > trick? How impossible is the exhaust to get off from the bottom just enough > to get the starter out? > Thanks, Josh

What kind of exhaust have you got? With manifolds, getting the starter out isn't difficult; it's locating and removing the wires from the solenoid before you drop the starter. With headers, it gets trickier. I have to slide it back, tip it upright, rotate it 60 degrees, and feed it down between the pipes without nicking anything... FUN.

Ken

Reply to
Ken