Re: Salesman claims....

Looking at new 2wd F150. Salesman claims I can add about 15 hp if I put

> a KN filter in the thing when I buy it. I asked if it voids the warranty > and he said no. Of course if I end up buying the truck, I'll insist on > it in writing from the service manager. But just curious. I am still not > fully convinced that KN is anything but hype. > > Thoughts? > > Gary

You might pick up 2-3 hp with the K&N. It will NOT void the warranty. Erik D. '94 white lightning

Reply to
Erik D.

I put one in my 2003, F150 4X4, 4.6. I have seen no difference at all. The truck has been to the dealer for oil change and they confirm it will not affect the warranty but to clean it ever time you change oil and if your check engine light comes on, it is a good idea to check the air filter as a restriction on the air flow may be the cause.

Reply to
A&L

It's all hype. And they don't filter out the dirt either. Don't do it. You'll not see one iota of hp increase. See

Steve Barker

My thoughts are, you are one smart dude!! Not only is it hype, it doesn't filter out dirt like the stock filter either.

Tom J

Reply to
Tom J

snipped-for-privacy@gvtc.com wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@gvtc.com:

bottled smoke & snake oil. save your money and time.

Reply to
wß

Years ago the Scamsoil folks made similar claims for their air filter. It was then and is now, hype pure and simple.

Reply to
Reece Talley

Did the salesman try to sell you some swamp land to. I don't know if the K&N filter is better or worse but I'll tell you to not take anything for granted when it comes to warranty work. I've read where Ford has tried to deny warranty claims for minor modifications.

Reply to
pete