Suspension Problem

Just looking for a little input. My 96 has just recently decided that it wants to vibrate like mad when I hit a bump on the right side between 30 and

48 MPH. The best I can discribe it is that it feels like a loose/broken motor mount. This is not the case. I have checked all of the suspension components. Starting to make me mad!

On another note, hasanyone successful resolved the loose off condition of their Camaro? I was getting a bad tight entry which I fixed, but the loose off is not cool. Especially when you hit the raised shoulder that lifts the back. For anyone thinking it, I will not add a gay wing. I was thinking of fabricating a NASCAR style spoiler that I could adjust depending on the course. Does anyone know if there is a kit for this out there? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

--

98 Camaro
Reply to

Thanks for the help. I guess this is troll/spam group only. No serious people allowed. I am done.

Reply to
98 Camaro

See my reply in aac

NOI

Reply to
Thund3rstruck

Funny. I see help here. Maybe your questions were simply a victim of timing? Here, I'll see what I can do...

I'd check again. I'm not sure how 4ths are set up (rack and pinion?), but I'd look hard at everything before the tierod ends (from the steering column to the tie rods) if you are positive about the front suspension.

Loose off...? You mean off-throttle loose condition? If it's an auto, you might not be able to do much about it, even with a functional spoiler. Manual, perhaps driving technique adjustment is what you need. I learned real fast in FWD cars that brakes are for slowing down, not downshifting, and rev-matching my downshifts via heel/toe took care of much oversteer through the corner. In my '74 Trans Am, I absolutely had to drive it smooth anywhere near the edge. It's hard to tell without more info about the car or actually watching you drive it. And now that I think about it, how is your brake balance front/rear? If your rear brakes aren't doing their job, your car may be diving too much... Just a thoguht. Another thought... Dead shock, broken spring? Rear end alignment? Might not be obvious without looking *very* closely.

Reply to
The Vampire Muffin Man

The steering components are all tight, including the rack. I am thinking bushings at this point.

As for the loose off, I mean throwing out the rear end. It is a manual, and I have been able to adjust with downshifting to drag the back end. I would just like to keep more speed on entry. I plan on adding a double cylinder for the brakes this winter, which should help a bit.

Please, hit my email if you have any further suggestions. The decipher is obvious. Thanks for the response. It is much appreciated!

Later

--

98 Camaro

loose/broken