2002 FFV Engine

My newly acquired 2002 Mountaineer has a 4.0 V6 engine made in Germany. A sticker on one of the valve covers identifies it as a Flexible Fuel Vehicle. No other emblems are on the car showing it as FFV. The owners manual says if it were FFV, there would be a sticker inside the fuel door identifying it as such. There isn't.

My questions: Is it an FFV? If not, what differences (engine? components? emission control levels?) are there between this and an FFV?

-- Regards, Steve

Reply to
San Mateo