2002 Mercury Mountaineer any good?

I am looking for a vehicle to drive to work. Found a awd 2002 mercury mountaineer with 44,000 miles. Are these good and reliable? How does the awd work? Is it good in ice/snow? What about mileage?

Reply to
stryped

I just bought a used one last January. We had some snow and ice right after I bought it and it handled very good. I don't know how it would do in deep snow. My wife makes many short trips, less that 5 miles and gets about 17 MPG. On a trip of about 300 miles, most of that at

75 MPH, I got 22.7 MPG.
Reply to
Jim Rusling