99 explorer vaccum lines

I have a 99 explorer and four days after my wife got it back from the body shop (dont ask), she only has air coming out the defrost vents. When you switch it over to max a/c, the door thats supposed to open to recirculate the interior air does not open. Also the water valve control on the heater core water lines does not move when you go from cold to warm, but yet she has warm air when she rolls it to heat from cool, so that tells me the valve is stuck open all the time. I don't think its the blend door problem, but i don't know anything about the vaccum control system on these newer vehicles. So if anyone could offer any assistance, it would be appreciated, so i don't have to put this truck back in the shop again.

TIA, Todd

Reply to
toddles

Fred 2

Reply to
toddles

Check on the passengers side engine compartment, look down by the front of the engine by the alternator. There are 2 vacuum lines connected to each other , one has a right angle connecter on it. Mine were not connected when I bought my truck new, seems like they forgot to hook it up at the factory.

Reply to
SizzleMP