99 Explorer airbag light

I have a 99 Eddie Bauer Explorer with 75,000 miles. Air Bag light came on last week. Blinking code 37. First dealership in Chapel Hill, NC told me $700 to fix it to replace wiring harness. Took it to another dealership, in Hillsborough, NC and I told them that my first quote was for $500 and asked them to give me a second opinion. They called and "concurred" with the original diagnosis, but since their labor rates are lower, it would only cost me $450. What a scam!

Do not use University Ford in Chapel Hill, NC for service. Do not buy an Explorer! I've had to replace the radio, the rear wiper motor, battery, and other repairs. All are common issues with this truck and Ford won't recall any of these items.

Reply to
John Garcia