Data port dead

The data port on my 2000 Explorer EB is dead. Is there a fuse or other fix?

Reply to
Gooch

The fuse for the DLC is usually the same fuse as the cigar lighter... sorry, can't remember which one but that should be in the owners manual...

Reply to
Jim Warman

Thanks, Jim for the hint about the lighter. What had me puzzled was the diagram in the manual showed fuse #5 for the DLC, but in the fusebox that's a blank slot. The fuse for the lighter (#17) was actually blown, which I didn't realize because I never use it. Replacing it fixed the problem.

Reply to
Gooch