GM Class II Data Bus Interface

I recently installed an aftermarket radio in my 2004 Grand Prix. After doing so, my dashboard time display and door chimes stopped working. I
bought a data bus interface to correct this, btu have not installed it yet. Will this fix the problem of my clock too? Or just the door chimes? The box doesn't say anything about clock, so I'm curious. I'm actually more concerned with THAT than the stinkin door chimes. Please help! Thanks!
The clock on the 2004 gp is displayed on the radio not the "Driver Info Center" . The Driver Info Center displays the Month/day/year, but as you found out disappears when the stock radio is removed. The "chimes" are also produced by the stock radio and are played thru the radio's speakers.
The interface you purchased will only correct the chime problem, it will not fix the calendar display. But ask yourself, is the calendar that important to have for better audio?
As for other questions on your 2004 GP, I have one too, go to this website, and join the forum. I am member sam93gp there.
http://www.clubgp.com/newforum/tt.asp?appid %
This message was written on 100% recycled spam. SAM >> samuel.warrenREMOVE snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net

Thanks a lot man!
Also you can check out my website at: http://users.adelphia.net/~samwarren to see my car set-up
This message was written on 100% recycled spam. SAM >> samuel.warrenREMOVE snipped-for-privacy@adelphia.net

On Fri, 12 May 2006 16:01:29 -0400, "Samuel Warren"

^^ This man knows a bit about these cars. I'm on clubgp also, mikelev on there...