Does anyone elses Explorer lean to the left

I've noticed it since I bought it 8 months back, its a 2000 and is noticeable from the rear and when parked car lean as much as 3 inches or so on the left.

is this the norm?, or is it something to be concerned about? if so can it be fixed easy enough?

Thanks chaps

John

Reply to
John Bryan

I've noticed it since I bought it 8 months back, its a 2000 and is noticeable from the rear and when parked car lean as much as 3 inches or so on the left.

is this the norm?, or is it something to be concerned about? if so can it be fixed easy enough?

Thanks chaps

John

Reply to
John Bryan

Yeh, I've got a "95 XLT and it does the same thing. Took it in to Ford when it was still under the warranty and they told me it's within normal limits. I think they must be crazy, but at any rate, it still tilts, and has had no problems because of it.

Reply to
Jacob

i have an '01 sport & it sits pretty level. a 3" lean is quite a bit. i've never seen one do that.

Reply to
T T

I can send you info from Ford's shop manual email me at snipped-for-privacy@verizon.net

Reply to
monkeyboy

Check the tires amd wheels on the vehicle. The spare although full size is smaller than the 17" on my '97 EB. If the spare is mounted it could cause the lean.

Reply to
Stephen M. Gluck

I've always thought my 98 EB leaned to the drivers side but I never actually measured it. Where did you measure? I may have to do it myself...

Reply to
Al Williams

guestimate really - just stood approx 3 metres back and looked :)

Reply to
John Bryan

Reply to
John Bryan

checked the tyres all round, they are all 255's 16"

Reply to
John Bryan

I have a 95 also that leaned about 3 inches or so to the drivers side. to fix it i just crawled under the drivers side and cranked up the torsion bar about a round and a half and cranked the passenger side down about a round a half and it now sits pretty level i think.

Reply to
Toddles

Years ago I loosen the right side torsion bar bolt a little. It leveled the body out so that it sits even. Just get an alignment checked/done after though.

Reply to
Xx

Our 2000 Sport had a 3/4 inch drop. I measured from the bottom of the shock bolt to the ground.

Reply to
Scott Van Nest

Our old '98 used to be half inch lower on the left side measuring from the ground up to the center of the wheel opening....on level ground. wth

Reply to
wth

my mountaineer did that too.looked on the back of my suv trunk and had a

70 pound chained on the left side.i removed the 70 pound chained and did not to that anymore.
Reply to
Green mark

Mine leans to the driver's side -- I don't know if that's the side yours leans to, as you have a UK mailing address. It didn't do this quite so much when I bought it, but it hasn't affected the alignment.

Reply to
brianmost

Forgive my ignorance, but what is a "70 pound chained?"

Reply to
Captain Coleman