transmission shudder

I recently purchased a 2004 xlt v8 (43,000 mi) and on occasion when I accelerate from a stop it shudders from about 0-10 mph. I have read in a few posts this is normal for a 4wd and some that say it has to do with the rear differential/ transfer case. Just wondering if I should take it in to have it looked at or live with the shudder.

Reply to
The Saltman

I have a 2005 Limited V8 and have never had any problem such as you describe. This does not sound normal to me, it sounds more like the beginning of a bigger problem. If it were mine, I would have it checked.

Reply to
Big Shoe

Ive had problems like this in the past but transmissions arent my specialty so i asked a buddy who worked in a tranny shop and he got me a bottle of this stuff that actually said " stops transmission shudder " i poured it in the tranny and it worked so before you take it to the shop try buying a bottle for i dont remember $8? to see if that works for you too.. i dont remember seeing it at like an auto zone or anything so ask a transmission shop. later

Reply to
MURDOCK096