1986 Ford Escort High Pitch Noise.

My 1086 Ford Escort makes a very annoying high pitch noise but only when i decelerate. Also my car doesn't like to start in the morning.

Reply to
Maggie

Hell, it's almost 1000 years old. Be happy it still runs!

lol

Is it an automatic transmission or manual? Carburetor or fuel injection? (Probably not injected)

Reply to
Clem

HAHA!

lol

Is it an automatic transmission or manual? Carburetor or fuel injection? (Probably not injected)

Reply to
Matt Hope

It's an automatic. Carbureator.

Reply to
Maggie

Can you tell where the high pitched noise is coming from? Both of my Escorts that had automatic transmissions whined as I decelerated. I personally dislike the Escort Automatic up to about 1995. Be very happy yours is still working. They usually don't last as long as yours.

The hard starting could be a number of things. Some things that come to mind are:

Choke not closing, or closing too far.

Dirty air filter.

Needs a tune-up.

Reply to