1990 Ford Probe Transmission problem?

My 1990 Probe will go in reverse but when I put it in dirve it will hesitate and stall. I took it to a Transmission shop and they recommened replacement or overhaul. I decided to replace it. I
purchased a Reconditioned transmission/torque converter and the had it installed. The same problem existed. The Transmission shop thanks that it may be an electrical problem. I want to investigate other suggestions first. 2 years ago I experience a simular thing but ended up replacing the throttle body. Is this a transmission issue or something else. The engine runs fine in idle and reverse with no engine warning light.
Thanks :?:

take it to a mmazda dealer you tard
probe = run away
hurc ast

I had the same problem with my 89 probe. I found a crack in the air intake hose right after the air cleaner. it would idle fine but as soon as it was put in drive it would stall. The engine moved just enough in gear to open up the crack in the hose and cause it to stall. In reverse the engine moved in a differnent direction and did not increase the crack. I taped it with duct tape and the problem was solved. Good luck. BTW how many miles on the car?
snipped-for-privacy@AutoForumz.com (lrymcd) wrote in

You'll have better luck posting your question in the 1st Gen forum at http://forums.probetalk.com
-- Jim former Probe owner (13 years)