99 Ford Escort Headlight Problem

My wife drives a 1999 ford escort and has been having a problem with the passenger side headlight. The ground wire (black color) has been heating up and gets hot enough to melt the plastic connecting socket and the wire insulation--sometimes the bulb will fry. The other wires are fine. I am on my third headlight harness. I have made sure that the connecting socket is tight, used electric grease, checked for corrosion and made sure the ground is good. It never blows any fuses. I am stumped as to why a ground wire would heat up like this. THe car was wrecked on the same side by the previous owner. Is there anyway I can isolate the ciruit to the light so this doesnt happen? I dont want to have to chase around the main wiring harness. Relays?

Reply to
99fordescort

run a smaller guage ( thicker) ground wire check headlite switch btw after market connectors have smaller guage ground do volt drop test on ground side

hurc ast

Reply to
hurricane 575

Reply to
tom

"tom" wrote: > ignore the asshole that gives out wrong advice that this week > is going by > the name hurricane. > check your ground wire where it connects to the body it may be > primed in the > area, and you are not getting a good ground. this will cause > the wire to > heat up. also check for a short in the wires. also, are do you > have stock > light bulbs, or aftermarket high intensity bulbs?? > the high intensity bulbs use more power, and need a relay > setup in the power > lines. > wrote in message > news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com... > > On 9 Apr 2005 21:27:49 -0400, 99fordescort > > < snipped-for-privacy@AutoForumz.com> wrote: > >

Regular stock DOT bulbs here.

Reply to
99fordescort

because of the wreck it might be a ground problem at the "stock" location. Try grounding the wire somewhere else.

Reply to
Shoe Salesman