1990 ford taurus no power

i have a 1990 ford taurus.it is a recoverd theft.it was my car when it got stolen and when i got it back it had no power.it only drives about 10 to 15 mph.i changed the spark
plugs and when i did i noticed that the man who stole it changed them also and he put on new plug wires.when i took out the plugs after starting the car three of them were still wet.the car starts fine but when driving it it has no power.
In posted on Thu, 09 Oct 2003 21:37:40 GMT:

Probably they took it on a joy ride and tore it up. They could have tried to use it as a boat.
why would you steal a car and change the plugs?

stolen and when i got it

spark plugs and when i did i

wires.when i took out the

fine but when driving it it

Petebert wrote:

Hell if I know why they changed the plugs and they also changed the plug wires. They put about 4000 miles on my car before the police found it. They left tools in the car. The muffler was hanging because the pipe was rusted apart. And now the car has no power but it will start up just fine. I just like to know what everyone might thing what the problem might be. Thanks Dan

Well then if you want too know, your going to have to do some tests. Go over the basics, fuel pressure, timing ect.