1992 Escort

I'm getting ready to replace the rear main seal in my 1992 escort 1.9L 5spd, and I had a question. Is it easier to pull the whole engine and tranny, and
then replace the seal, or is it easier to leave it in, and pull the transaxle, and do it that way? I have access to a cherry picker, and all the related tools. Thanks