Rear main seal

Apparently my rear main seal has given up. Anyone done there own replacement on a '93 5.0? Looks fairly straight foward but a lot of time that I don't have.

What do you think....farm it out or do it myself? I am reasonably adept, but still...doing this on a car on jack stands flat on my back with little room to move does not sound like a good time.

Reply to
James

James opined in news:413fd845$1 snipped-for-privacy@nntp2.nac.net:

claustrophobic, huh?

on decent stands, there's enough room to move comfortably.

Look at it this way, new clutch parts and all that goes with it, at just the cost of the parts?

Chance to check and/or replace u joints, tranny seals at same time.

Slam Dunk!

Reply to
Backyard Mechanic

Yea, you'd have to pull the transmission. May be a headache.

Reply to
Mark

While you have the trans off, do the clutch also. Remove NO-SPAM from email address when replying

Reply to
Rein