1993 Taurus won't start

:(
Please help!
My son's 1993 Ford Taurus won't start. He drove it to the beach to go surfing, and when he got ready to leave, it won't start. It has
power. The lights, radio, and other electrical items run fine. But, he says that when he turns the key in the ignition, it doesn't even sound like it's trying to start.
The car has had a few other problems in the past, but it has never had a problem starting. I sure would appreciate any help anyone might be able to give me with this as he needs the car for school.
Thanks in advance for your help.
Deb
Oregongirl wrote:

Hi Deb,
When you turn the ignition key can click be heard?
If not power is not getting from the the ignition switch down to the starter soleniod. The starter may be frozen also. Remove the starter and take it to an auto parts store and they will test it for free.
good luck
Hmmm... similar problem with a Crown, turned out to be the crank position sensor...