HELP! 1993 explorer won't start

93 explorer, manual transmission. I turn the key and and all that happens is one click. I replaced the 7 year old battery, then the starter relay located on the fender by the battery, and then the starter. Still won't start unless I get friends to push me. Anyone have an idea what it could be. Thank you in advance.
Reply to
oknelson64

Bad ign switch-starter interlock-cables. H

Reply to
Hairy

Check the cables at the battery; look under the insulation for corrosion. This is a fairly common problem with Explorers of that era.

Bill Funk Change "g" to "a"

Reply to
Big Bill